21 March, 2012

well, does God manage our circumstances?
by jon walker.



Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21 (NIV)
In faith, we know this to be true:
God manages circumstances.
Whether I turn to the right or to the left, my ears will hear a voice behind me, saying, “This is the way; walk in it” (Isaiah 30:21 NIV).
He makes my paths straight as I lean on him and acknowledge him (Proverbs 3:5–6). He’s placed a hedge around me and he blesses the work of my hands (Job 1:10).
God says he is the only one capable of interpreting circumstances: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways . . . . As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8–9 NIV).
When I see the circumstances the way God does, he says, “You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands” (Isaiah 55:12 NIV).
Praise God! “Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” (Romans 11:34NIV).
He sees the path before us, and calls us forth in faith (Genesis 22:12), showing us there are no coincidences in this universe of his design: “And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14 NIV).

So let's walk in faith, and not by sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment